Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Beginning

This is my second attempt at a blog and hopefully I've come up with a decent idea for this one. In my first attempt at blogdom, I noticed that no one visited my blog, not once.  My guess is that the blog was just a bad concept and that without word of mouth no one would visit the blog.

At first I wanted this blog to be about all things photography and my newfound adventures in photography.  I began reading other photography blogs and I learned that in order to do a photoblog you needed to take pictures, a lot of pictures.  Unfortunately, I don't have much time to take lots and lots of pictures.  Then I started thinking about the fact that I live in boring suburbia and I realized that there is not much of interest to photograph in suburbanville.

These ideas lead me to develop the concepts for this blog.  I can't say that suburbs are completely void of inspiration or interesting things, but I also can't be too far from the truth. So I started thinking maybe, just maybe I would be able find something exciting to blog about in suburbia.  Then I decided that I could incorporate my newfound hobby of photography into this blog.  This would hopefully allow me to get out more and photograph the community that I live in, as well as, examining photographs of what other people find in Columbia.  Please accept my sporadic postings as I am working on a story board of ideas for this blog.  As of now posts will be hit or miss and when I'm not too busy.  In all hopes, I'll be able to develop a decent story board for this site for all to enjoy.

Without further ado, welcome to suburban life and welcome to Columbia, Maryland.  For more information on Columbia please check out the following sites.

5 comments:

Heathervey said...

I'm excited to hear more!

Shatpanski said...

I would much rather hear from you than from the 10e6 retards on the intertubes who attempt to write but can't spell or form a coherent thought.

Also, I find it greatly entertaining in this post that you state, "can't be too fart from the truth." This is either an accident or a great slip.

Almost Sooted said...

Fart has now been corrected to be far. Geez, I wish spell checker would correct what I mean and not whay I type.

Almost Sooted said...

I can't win with typos!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging. I look forward to reading your posts and am glad to see you on hocoblogs.com.

We have monthly blogtale parties for local bloggers. Check us out, perhaps even create a Socializr profile, here: http://www.socializr.com/event/329587577