Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blogging Woes

Not only have I been struggling with what to blog about and ill motivation to blog, now I'm stuck with not being able to access the Internet.

Over the last couple of days I've had no television, no Internet, and no telephone.  All three are tied into Comcast, as part of their triple play package.  Late Thursday night I called to see if there was a known outage in my area.  I spoke with someone who suggested that I power cycle my cable box and she was having a hard time understanding the fact that it must be a Comcast issue since all three of my services were out.  She asked me if I wanted to speak to the Internet group for a solution to possible fix that service, but I knew this would be a fruitless effort and I gave up.

On Friday my wife called to complain and the individual that she spoke with was also having a hard time understanding that this was an obvious Comcast issue.  He suggested that we have someone come out to the house to look at our equipment.  After much complaining about having to wait around all day at the house to be here during the "window" that a Comcast service rep. would show up, my wife finally agreed to this suggestion.  We could not get pass the fact that we did not need someone to checkout the equipment in the house and we could also not talk to a supervisor because they had gone home for the day.

So, come Saturday and we still don't have Comcast service.  About mid-day service came back and was mostly working.  No Comcast service rep. had should up yet.  About two hours into partially working service the Comcast rep. rang the doorbell.  He checked the box outside and of course that is were the problem resided.  He said a truck would be out to fix the issue within a day or two.

I really wish that the Comcast telephone agents would get a clue sometimes and figure out that the customer is always right.  They said that no one else in our neighborhood had complained about service so therefore it must be isolated to our house.  What they fail to realize is that people typically don't want to deal with them because of the crappy customer service.  No one wants to hear that they will have to wait for the service rep. to show up at their house sometime during an eight hour window.  So, they just go with the flow and hope that someone else will call or that the service will just fix itself.

Maybe it's time to switch to FIOS.

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the experience. I would like to ensure that this is taken care of for you. If you are willing to provide the phone number listed on the account, I will make sure that this is looked into.

Thanks you for the post and for providing the opportunity to assist.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

I had Comcast, now I have Verizon. I love Verizon.