Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shame on us

I live in the Hopewell section of Owen Brown and over the course of the last year I've noticed an increase in the amount of graffiti on public property.  Even the "Owen Brown Observer" had a blurb about it in the latest issue.  I only scanned the blurb and didn't save my copy of this publication.  I do know that it stated that if we see graffiti we should report it and it would be taken care of,  unfortunately I didn't write down the number to call.

Visiting the Owen Brown community association website proved to be fruitless as this site is a few months behind.  So, now I'm stuck with no number to call to report the graffiti, which can now be seen on utility boxes, community fences, and even the Lake Elkhorn pavilion.

Now I understand, shame on me for not writing the number down.  How about though, shame on everyone else in the community that has failed to call about the graffiti eyesore, shame on the Columbia Association trucks that drive around all the time for not doing anything about the problem, and finally shame on Owen Brown for not keeping their website up-to-date (by the looks of it they are at least 3 months behind).

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to remove the graffiti.  I know I'm not being a part of the solution.

No comments: