Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Visiting Wilde Lake on the coldest day ever

A redeeming quality of Columbia is that it has a number of large lakes with surrounding parks for recreation.  Information about these lakes can be found on the Wikipedia page
for Columbia.

So, on probably the coldest day in December, I decided to visit Wilde Lake for the very first time. I wasn't there very long, but I found that it is surrounded by homes and apartments (possibly townhouses).  From the few minutes that I was there it looks as though it would be a nice place to hangout during warmer weather.  Maybe I'll make a second visit there when I won't have a chance to get frostbite.

Anyway, I took a few pictures while I was there, mostly of the dam (which is rather unique) and the little red roofed building by the dam.  Too bad the sun was too bright in the sky and was shining right in my face for the photos of the dam.  Hope you enjoy!!



No comments: